Monday, January 31, 2011

Many people I know think I am too optimistic, sometimes unrealistically so, and as always they have their reasons...

"You have had a good childhood",

"Acchi education mili hai",

"You have always had adequate money",

“You have never really experienced real pain",

"You don’t understand rejection"...

I usually shrug it off, you know, ‘to each his own’. But then sometimes, in life's rare moments I don’t feel like shrugging it off. After all I am human; I need the distance to close. Sometimes the ground beneath my feet too can get unsteady.

Sometimes I want to be selfish because; sometimes I need that hug or that encouraging smile.

There are moments when I need that shoulder to lean on.

Sometimes I don’t want to be the one holding you, I want someone to hold me. Sometimes I need someone to be my reason to smile, to be my strength...

Just sometimes…

And then there are moments when the only reason I want to share my pain is to let that someone who is hurting know that I understand, at least partly.

I want to tell them that though at the moment the pain is overwhelming and may never truly disappear, life will move on and it will be beautiful. And that YES it is definitely worth the effort and that everything may never be the same but it will be more than okay, one day.

I want them to know that it is okay to hurt. It is ok to be angry. It is ok to sleep with the lights on, but it is not okay to stop living. It is not ok to stop laughing and it is not ok to stop believing....

Believe life is beautiful.

Believe true love exists.

Believe people can change.

Believe in the greater good.

And no, I am NOT an optimist because life has been smooth, I am NOT an optimist because I have never had my heart broken, I am NOT an optimistic because I don’t know what loss is.

I am optimistic despite knowing and feeling the loss, the heart ache and the tears...

I have had my heart ripped out and stomped upon more than once.

I have been made fun of by those I called friends several times.

I have been the 'odd-one-out' for years.

I have lost more than a friend or a lover.

I have felt unwanted, been a failure.

I have disappointed and have been disappointed and despite it all I smile.

Despite it all I believe.

We all face challenges in life, we are all pushed and shoved and tested but we must never forget that as human's what we have is our spirit - to fight, to hang on, to love and to live.

You have one life, one life alone, and it’s your decision to make it what you want. It is up to you whether this is 'the end' or a 'new beginning'.

Believe what you want but the truth is life never stops.

Pay your tribute and the move on.

I am not heartless, I feel pain but I also realize that moving on is NOT about forgetting, it is about accepting.

Accepting that some things were never meant to be.

Accepting your mistakes so that you can rectify them.

Accepting your weakness so that you can see your true potential.

Accepting what you are so you may become who you want.

Accept the loss only then can you move on.

Accept that there will be days when you will not even remember the who, the what and the why and accept that there will be days when everything will be so fresh and real, as if you are reliving the moment all over again.

Accept how you feel only then can you heal.

Accept and don't feel guilty

Accept that the joy will return and that NO-ONE DESERVES IT MORE THAN YOU....

No comments:

Post a Comment