Thursday, June 11, 2009

Catching Up

The only reason I have not written for a while is that I was in Delhi for a week as mom had an operation. Man I was a nervous wreck, not like I showed to anyone but it’s easy to figure out if you know me well enough. I am cranky, snappy and all the more weird, so that means tons of arguments about absolutely nothing with people around me and guess who was around me that time? MY MOM!!! So well we both had a bad time but once the operation was done and over with and ma's crazy, almost toothless smile came back things were back to normal.

She is in Delhi with sis and bro and bro in law and I’m here alone in Dun. I have never been alone in dun, so it’s a little weird. I am not entirely alone, I am staying with a Pri but being in Dun and no mom is weird, I think I had become used to her constant chatter and complaints!!

Back at work, I work with the Latika Roy Foundation, a resource place for people with disabilities; they have several projects that cater to ages 0 to 21. I am with the resource centre, writing articles for the blog and the site, or let’s say trying to write articles! Besides that I also work in the Latika Vihar fun centre, yeah baby fun centre!!! I have a blast! I know I am meant to be working there, I am meant to be teaching but it’s not called a fun centre without reason.
I love my time there, being with kids and teaching theatre and dancing with them just gives me a major high. Maybe it’s in my blood, after all my parents were both teachers and refused to be anything but teachers!

There is so much to learn from kids, there is this misbelieve that we teach them but I think somewhere down the line they teach us. The whole concept of real innocent laughter that I had lost somewhere, they gave it back to me. Having fun with whatever is available, the joy of running around, playing hide seek everything, and they make you forget all your issues and problems because they give me new ones!! Everyday! The moment I enter I hear a hi didi from kids, the best bit is that they are truly accepting as long as I am ready to dance and make them scream!

I have worked as an anchor, a part time govt. employee, an HR executive, an event manager and I have loved all my roles, all my jobs and all my workplaces. I loved the glamour and fame (whatever little), the intellectual conversations, the buzz and madness of events....

I love and hate things easily and equally.

This blog sounds like random chatter and that's exactly what it is, a note to catch up on what has happened since and tid bits I missed out... I mean this is about me so it will be random and sometimes extremely senseless, that’s the whole point. It’s a reflection of who I am. Ok so that means we have an addition to my first blog -


I am a talkative 20 something Indian girl who is stubborn and aggressive, who is also extremely considerate, amiable, loves children, her family, theatre, politics, books and her small beautiful town in the foothills of the Himalaya. Who is also random and senseless but the one thing remains unchanged I am in a twisted sense extremely satisfied with life. Twisted because everyday I want more, more to love, more to read, more to do, more to live. Satisfied because I usually end up getting more and if I don’t I still smile. This and more is me. Confused? So am I!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment