Wednesday, March 16, 2011

SMILEEE

There is nothing as simple and honest as the smile of a child.
Photo Courtesy: Ken Carl

I have always loved being with children for a whole lot of selfish reasons. They make me happy with their uncomplicated chatter, they hold no malice, they love chocolates and sweets, cartoons still fascinate them, they help you find joy in simple things and they allow me to never grow up :)

If I ever get stressed at work or saddened by events in my personal life I run to Latika Vihar. Its one place where you can drown everything out and just have fun! I paint, I dance, I run around or I can just sit and read out stories to anyone who cares to listen. I can remain quiet and let the children tell me their stories.
They know no fear, their imagination has no boundaries and their love is without limits. I love children because with them I can believe in pixies and fairies again. I love them because without knowing they make the real world better.

I wish and pray that one day every state, every city and every country will have a Latika Vihar. Because sometime just the thought that a place like this exists is enough. I hope for this not just for the creative development of the child, but I hope for it for us, the adults who have forgotten what life truly is about and how simple it really is to smile.

5 comments:

  1. "cartoons still fascinate them, they help you find joy in simple things and they allow me to never grow up""
    liked these lines the most.....
    agreed truly..
    in between..wt is this latika vihar??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Latika Vihar was a magical place when I was a kid and it still is !!!
    Pri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew this would be the only way to make you read my blog Miss Sprite - You FB lover!!! LOL.

    Hi Ajit I have answered your question in detail and posted it on your blog. PS: Great new post by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neha,you are one person who can have fun anywhere. so I can imagine what fun you'd have at LV.I am sure the children there love having you there...symbiosis...

    ReplyDelete
  5. somewhere I had read on one of the Calenders that LRf publishes each year..one of the best quotes i liked..."There are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million (Walt)" Each year as we grow older..each spark dies till the time we are left with only the 7 wonders.

    Now i know why I am still alive is because my world still stops when I watch the cartoons...the daily chaos somehow dies down watching this wonderful world of cartoons..u r mesmerised..

    Loved each line on how you have expressed yourself Neha..good going!!! n keep scribbling!!!

    I hate to throw away the old LRF calenders..each page has unlimited wisdom in the quotes..and every emotion captured..like one has just pressed the 'Still' button on the remote.

    ReplyDelete